My wife (Rosangela) and I have found homestay teaching to be a very rewarding experience and through it have made many new friends around the World. While being a lot of fun, it is also an incredibly effective way to learn or improve your English. If you stay with us you get not just one but two highly qualified teachers who will give you a structured course tailored specifically to your needs and level. You will get feedback on progress throughout the course and an end of course report evaluating your skills and areas to develop.
It is also a fabulous opportunity to see London with the benefit of our advice and guidance (by arrangement).
Our interests include travel, languages (of course! ). We both speak Portuguese and Spanish. I can do a little bit of French and German) and cultures, exercise (in the gym, walking, cycling), history, the guitar, politics, design, reading, investments ….and many other things.
- Our homestay package requires a minimum of 10 hours per week of English teaching. This can be booked under cours a domicile (General English), IELTS preparation or Business English. The maximum course length is 20 hours per week.
- Included in the package (i.e. at no additional charge) is 2 local excursions. These normally include visits to places of interest in London. We can also do bike rides and/or visits our local gym or exercise classes, walks etc. Additional excursions are subject to agreement.
- Unaccompanied students must be 16 + years old. This is because younger age groups require substantially more gaurdianship and, as we do not have young children ourselves, we are not well set up for it. Whilst we do have all of the safeguarding qaulifications and are available and happy to help and spend time with students, we are not able to provide full time supervision.
- Students stay in our double room (4mx4m) suitable for singles, sharers, or a couple. The room has an en suite bathroom and its own door to outside giving extra privacy and independence. Students will be given a key and be free to come and go as they please. In the case of young students (under 18) we will ensure they are aware of how to get around, emergency contacts and keep in contact via Whatsapp on frequent basis.
- We are happy for 2 people to share the same accommodation - e.g. couples, parent and child, or 2 student friends or siblings together (provided they can share a king sized double bed). For this we do not charge an additional room rate. We only charge an additional food costs to be arranged on arrival ( £60/week) . Lessons can also be shared for the same price as individual lessons, i.e. 2:1 lessons. Sharing in this way, works out as the most economical option.
- High speed internet, mini fridge, shared use of the kitchen all included.
- in a typical stay we share meal times together providing opportunity to practice English. We are also on hand to provide directions and advice. There is generally plenty of opportunity to practice outside of English.
We only accept one booking at a time.
We live in a lovely four-bedroomed, Victorian house in West London (Zone 2). Students will enjoy high quality accommodation with ensuite bathroom and door onto the street offering independence and privacy.
The local area is a typical residential area that borders Shepherd’s Bush, Hammersmith and Chiswick. It offers plenty of shopping at Westfield (the largest shopping mall in Europe) and local bars, restaurants and coffee shops on Chiswick High street.
A bus or tube can take you into the West End of London (e.g. Buckingham Palace) in 20-40 minutes for all the attractions of London. We are always on hand to advise and discuss places to go.
Nearest airport London Heathrow (c. 40 mins), Gatwick, Sanstead, Luton also feasible. Nearest Underground (Metro) Stamford Brook (15 mins), the no. 94 bus goes directly into central London.
Paul revient d un séjour de 3 semaines de chez Graeme et Rosengela. Le contact est tout de suite bien passé lors de nos échanges préalables. L accueil a été parfait, ils ont été à l écoute de ses envies, de ses besoins. Les cours sont très bien organisés et très bénéfiques, les visites géniales. Ce sont des personnes à qui on confie nos enfants en toute sérénité! Un grand merci !!!
Desde 865 € / sem